Sometimes I share some suggestions and tips on what to wear for your photography session and today it’s all about CHILDREN!!
As a general rule:
- Babies look best naked or just with minimum clothing like a nappy cover or fabric. That’s only for home or indoor session of course!
- The attention must be on the child so the simpler the better. Big prints and heavy designs on clothing can be very distracting and don’t give the image a timeless look. So please avoid logos, characters, labels . . .
- It’s fine to play with colours! You don’t have to choose black or white for your children. Bright colours, depending also on the location, can be fun and show the personality of your little one. Stripes and dots can be quite amusing too if combined in the right way with the right location. If you want to play safer pastel colours are great especially for girls.
- Denim is always a good choice especially for boys.
- Layers and textures are our best friends!! Combining different materials, crochet, wool, lace, cotton, ruffles, with layers and accessories surely add an interesting look to the image and add an extra dimension. In this case is good to stick with a colour palette. So big thumb up for hats, scarves, sweaters, jackets. . . .
- Make sure your children are comfortable in their clothes and are free to move and play. The worst thing is having grumpy kids because the sweater is too scratchy or the shoes are too tight! It’s a matter of making them happy and comfortable.
- For siblings or families please do not match!! Coordinate colours and look and you’ll be sweet as gold!
NOW. THIS POST IS A BIT SPECIAL!
Usually I simply give guidelines and publish some random clothing photos I find without mentioning any brands.
This time, however, if you like what you see, you can find it at Mayoral, in Northcote Rd, Clapham Junction. The store offers beautiful children clothing from newborn to teen age, very fashionable and affordable so you’ll be able to find something for your needs.
Mayoral GB & Photograface teamed up for a special TREAT to our lovely followers and fans. So keep reading to find it out. 🙂
The first look I want to share with you is for girls.
Purple is colour of luxury and passion, used in fashion catwalk as well and it’s perfect for the autumn/winter season. I like the texture of the dress and the bow. A couple of accessories to make it interesting and the combination with grey gives a more neutral look. Adding a grey mantle or jumper and she’ll be ready to rock the street!
Staying on the colour side this red combination for little brother and sister will look great if you think about having a session on a park surrounded by autumn colours. The kids can have super fun kicking leaves, running around and you will have perfect photos for your Christmas cards! The hats are there to had some extra funny looks and surely scarves and a gilet for the boy could be nice extra touch!
Again another look for siblings but more classic in tone. I think it will be really nice for a session on the street or along the river for example. The colours are coordinated in blue and cream and in a portrait with both children they compliment each other while still standing out on individual portraiture.
I was picking up more combinations but maybe I can leave it for another time! You now have a better idea on how to put together outfits, choosing a colour palette and add layers!
Now the EXCITING SURPRISE!
All of you who “like” both Mayoral FB page and Photograface FB page (if you are on Facebook of course) or follow us on Twitter will enter a draw to WIN a fantastic portrait session with me with 3 enlargement prints AND a Mayoral outfit*. Total value of the prize is £185.
The more entries you do the more are your chances!
Please feel free to share this with your friends and family and GOOD LUCK to everyone!
However for all the rest that won’t be lucky enough to win, there will be a special discount of 10% waiting for you on session and clothing throughout October and November. Just contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
Click the link to enter 🙂
* you’ll be suggested on what you can get.